We use cookies and other tools to enhance your experience on our website and to analyze our web traffic.
For more information about these cookies and the data collected, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

Introduction

1 post
Was this reply useful? Learn more...

[-]
JasonLarsen +0 points · about 1 month ago Original Poster

Hi

I have taken all of the surveys, and the only one I have scored remotely satisfactory on was the one asking about my impact of sleep on daily activities. I have had no impact on any of my daily activities except work.

I received my first APAP machine on my last birthday (incidentally, my next birthday is coming up this year) so I have known about sleep therapy for just under a year now.

I have mixed sleep apnea, but my OSA is more severe than my CSA. I had my APAP machine until a few months ago, when my sleep apnea company insisted that I give it back to them. I ended up owing them a lot of money as a result. I stopped using my APAP machine because I have sensory issues. I do not like the feeling of distilled water in my mouth and I couldn't stand my APAP machine trying to work itself too hard when I had severe OSA episodes. It made a lot of noise while I was trying to sleep also.

My sleep doctor suggested that I use an APAP machine during the day and I will do that for more and more minutes a day until I am used to it. However, the problem is that I have so many outlets in my residence that I don't know which one to plug my machine into in my common area.

Do any of you relate to me?

2,391 posts
bio

[-]
Sierra +0 points · about 1 month ago Sleep Patron
  • A CPAP is really only effective on obstructive apnea, and not CAS. Mixed apnea requires careful machine setup
  • Water should not carry over to your mask if it is set up properly. Be sure to use a heated hose, and put the humidity control on auto.
  • When a machine is set up properly the pressure will not go too high
  • Ideally use the machine while watching TV, or reading a book to get used to it
24 posts

[-]
PutSleepApneatoBed +0 points · 22 days ago

Welcome, Jason!

Successful Sleep Apnea treatment can often be more of a journey than a destination. What machine do you have? Are the ramping and expiratory assist features set up properly? Properly implemented, they may both help you adjust..

4 posts

[-]
Randall95 +0 points · 14 days ago

hi, Which machine do you have?

Please be advised that these posts may contain sensitive material or unsolicited medical advice. MyApnea does not endorse the content of these posts. The information provided on this site is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for advice from a health care professional who has evaluated you.