We use cookies and other tools to enhance your experience on our website and to analyze our web traffic.
For more information about these cookies and the data collected, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

What treatments should I do?

1 post
Was this reply useful? Learn more...
Golgen +0 points · almost 5 years ago Original Poster

I had a terrible car accident when I was 30 years old. I accidentally fell asleep and when I opened my eyes, I missed almost getting hit by a truck but hit a fire hydrant on the road instead. Had an enormous blow to my head, and was hospitalized for a week. At that time, I had perforated eardrum, at least that's what they told me at that time. Ever since the accident, I started getting dizziness when I lay down or put my head down quickly. The doctors had got it confused with Meniere's disease, and I had to take treatments and medications for that for many years. It was a tiring journey with numerous medications, and therapies along with, persistent dizziness. I was only 5 years before that my doctors found out I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. After that, my doctors suggested doing the Epley maneuver on me. However, that just made me feel worse, and I found out an exercise online, which I do before I go to sleep. It works after doing it for about 3 to 4 nights at a stretch. But now I 55 years old, and I find it harder to do it every day, and it makes me sick. I don't know how I am going to cope as I get older. Hence, I was surfing the internet and found out about vestibular physiotherapy treatment in Toronto. I was wondering if it is suitable for someone of my age. I don't want tiring therapies anymore. Please do provide me with recommendations concerning conventional therapeutics that I could take. Thank you.

149 posts
Was this reply useful? Learn more...
Sherry +0 points · almost 5 years ago Sleep Commentator

I am familiar with Meniere's disease but not Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Do you think that you could have sleep apnea? Are you tired during the day? Do you fall asleep while just sitting reading or or watching TV? If so, you may want to ask your GP to refer you to a Sleep Provider for a Sleep Study.

Please be advised that these posts may contain sensitive material or unsolicited medical advice. MyApnea does not endorse the content of these posts. The information provided on this site is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for advice from a health care professional who has evaluated you.