We use cookies and other tools to enhance your experience on our website and to analyze our web traffic.
For more information about these cookies and the data collected, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

Large Variation in Events; Second Opinion Needed

1 post
Was this reply useful? Learn more...
NeedSleep +0 points · over 5 years ago Original Poster

I am having a large variation in the number of events each night. Also, even with my bipap machine, my AHI is over 30. I am very concerned that my doctor does not know what he is doing. I really want a second opinion by a doctor who can help me get my settings correct. Does anyone have any suggestions for anyone in central Florida?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.


779 posts
Was this reply useful? Learn more...
Biguglygremlin +0 points · over 5 years ago Sleep Enthusiast

I'm sure there are some here who could help you find a competent sleep tech and there are some here who could help you get the settings sorted yourself but you would need to provide enough information for them to help you.

Perhaps you could provide some basic info on the machine type and current settings.

3,223 posts
Was this reply useful? Learn more...
Sierra +0 points · over 5 years ago Sleep Patron

For sure an AHI of 30+ is something to be concerned about. I can't help you with doctors in Florida. The first thing I would do is download SleepyHead and use it to find out in more detail what is going on. If you want you can post a screen shot of a typical day here for comments.

SleepyHead Download

SleepyHead Basic Manual

CPAP and even BiPAP machines often do not do a good job with central apnea. Often BiPAP machines are prescribed to fix it, but it actually makes it worse instead of better. The other options are going to a lower pressure - sometimes fixed, or an ASV machine.

Please be advised that these posts may contain sensitive material or unsolicited medical advice. MyApnea does not endorse the content of these posts. The information provided on this site is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for advice from a health care professional who has evaluated you.